Defending Texans In Criminal Cases For Two Decades
When you or someone you know has been accused of a crime, it can be a time of stress and uncertainty. Unfortunately, this could be the beginning of a long process. Regardless of whether you are familiar with the court system, you will be best served by having counsel to help eliminate some of the stress and uncertainty.
This is where The Law Office of J. Grant Stevens comes in.
I have been practicing law in Montgomery County since 1995. I was with the district attorney’s office until 1999, and I have been practicing criminal defense for two decades. This gives me the unique experience of having worked on both sides of the criminal justice system. I have tried thousands of criminal cases, and this experience makes me very familiar with the courts, case law, prosecutors and staff. Let me put that experience to work for you.
No Matter What Charges You Face, Building Your Defense Is Essential
Criminal charges can have a huge impact on your life. Even an arrest without a conviction can impact your ability to get a job, rent apartments, obtain professional licenses or gain or retain custody of your children.
Whatever charges you face, responding quickly can be key to preserving your freedom now and protecting your rights throughout the case. For instance, if you are arrested for driving while intoxicated (DWI), you have a 15-day window to request a hearing on your driver’s license suspension. In addition to complying with these important deadlines, it is particularly important to collect and preserve evidence before it is tampered with or lost.
I can defend in a variety of criminal charges, such as:
- Drug charges: Including possession of marijuana or a controlled substance, cultivation of marijuana, drug manufacturing, drug trafficking, and the sale and distribution of prescription drugs without authorization, or possession of illegal drugs such as cocaine and heroin
- DWIs: Including first-time DWI or felony DWI, commercial driver’s license (CDL) DWI, CDL defense and driver’s license suspensions triggered by DWI charges or convictions
- Assault: Including battery and other violent crimes
- White collar crimes: Including check and mail fraud, health care fraud and internet crimes
- Sex crimes: Including solicitation of a minor, sexual assault and rape
- Property crimes: Including theft, vandalism and arson
- Juvenile crimes: Including underage consumption of alcohol, underage possession of alcohol, underage DWI and charges for possession of drugs
When you work with me, I will give you and your case the time and attention it deserves. I can’t guarantee you a specific result, but I will give you all your options and possible outcomes based on my experience and your individual circumstances.
Don’t Delay – Hire Our Dedicated Defense Firm
Being arrested or accused of a crime is a stressful and chaotic time. Let me lead you through the process and give you peace of mind. Contact me through my online contact form or call 936-539-9797 to tell me more about your case.